Welcome to Haydon Hall
Haydon Hall is situated in the 1937 built ‘Commercial Bank of Sydney’ bank building in the historical town of Murrurundi, the crown of the Hunter Valley, on the New England Highway.
Haydon Hall is named after Thomas Haydon who was the original landowner of the area. In 1840 he established on the east side of the Page’s River the village of Haydonton to support the new town of Murrurundi on the western side. The village of Haydonton later merged with Murrurundi in 1913.
The ‘Hall’ is an oblique reference to the bush ranger Ben Hall who spent his early childhood with his parents opposite Haydon Hall. The proportions of the original Banking Chamber also recall visions of a manor hall.